Most small businesses are always looking for ways to find more client referrals. However as outlined by GrowThink.com some 58.6% of us don’t even make an effort to request them!
This isn’t something that takes place automagically, but instead is the offspring of a straightforward, focused approach used persistently.
To help you catch the vision allow me to share seven easy ways to get more client referrals, quicker and easier than you might have believed possible!
- Ask your best clients – These can be your best business evangelists. Those people who are already crazy about what you do won’t need much cajoling to sing your praises.
- Offer practical incentives – Offering product savings, select offers, or other perks which make sense for your business can be a fantastic way to get people to refer you new customers.
- Over-deliver on first-time customers – Whenever you are get a new customer, a great way to get them talking to their circle of contacts is to over-deliver on them. This can appear in many ways, but make certain they view your business as a cut above the rest.
- Actively engage with your customers – Getting your customers talking and interacting with you, and ultimately their social circles, can open many doors. Find common ground, and perhaps create an online community for your customers, for instance a blog or Facebook group.
- Be grateful and hand out perks – Become great at saying “Thank You”, and also in understanding when a well-placed perk can help you. An unexpected gift card or a thank you note can do wonders.
- Get the employees focusing on it – Having your employees get behind this will amplify your efforts. You may have to come up with some sort of reward, but it can be worth the time and energy to set it up.
- Create a loyalty program – A customer loyalty program, preferably online, can help you generate enthusiasm and engagement. Reward interaction in addition to purchases, as this can lead to more people becoming involved.
A effective client referral plan can take some effort, but can also produce a slew of new business pre-disposed to giving you a chance. What more can you ask?