We have likely all heard the now-famous stat that more than 75 percent of us admit to taking our smartphone into the bathroom with us. I suspect that’s a low number. Mobile has thoroughly wormed its way into the very fabric of our lives, so much that our days often begin and end with it.
What does this mean for marketers and businesses? It signifies that mobile is no longer coming, it’s here.
Listed below are 5 observations that are taking place now, and ways in which you can benefit from mobile today.
5 Reasons We Believe that Mobile Marketing Has Arrived
- Google loves it – One of the most startling statistics we’ve seen is that over 65 percent of ALL searches begin with mobile. Given that as the starting point, it’s a good idea to make sure your business has a mobile presence, and the opportunity to capitalize on it.
- We already own lots of mobile devices – Would it surprise you to learn that the average person owns 3.1 mobile devices, and carries most of them around all the time? 85 percent of us carry a smartphone, another 65 percent a laptop, 48 percent tablets and 40 percent mp3 players. And all or most of these are linked to the internet at all times.
- Small business is still naive when it comes to marketing on mobile – Most businesses know they should do something with mobile, but are not sure exactly what that is. They may even have made a mobile version of their website, but they’re not optimized for mobile there or in their emails. This may come as no great surprise when you see that 33 percent of businesses spend less than an hour a week on mobile marketing.
- Use Responsive design – Responsive design is a must when it comes to marketing with your mobile devices. Making sure you present well on the smaller screens while still maintaining your vitality and intent of your campaigns is vital. I admit, we’ve been guilty of not being up to date on this one ourselves. Look for a change in the design of our very own website in the coming weeks. The cobbler’s son is finally getting new shoes!
- Mobile simply gets more conversions – More than 90 percent of consumer’s comparison shop using mobile, and a full 70 percent of mobile searches produce an action with an hour. That’s the best reason yet to make sure you’re up to speed when it comes to mobile marketing.
I’m neither an attorney, nor do I play one on TV, but with all the evidence supporting mobile marketing, it’s plain to see that it should be a major part of your marketing mix.
Click here to schedule a free marketing huddle! We’ll create a marketing plan together that’s unique to you and your business and guaranteed to be worth your time or we’ll give YOU $250!