How to Repurpose Your Content Eight Ways
We all know that content creation isn’t for the faint of heart. It takes lots of time and effort to put together content that stands out. All the more reason to not let it stop there! Repurposing your content is a smart way to give your content a life beyond the initial posting. Closely similar to content syndication, however the choice of medium is often different.
We’ve got eight favorite mediums we prefer for repurposing content, and you should know that the initial content can originate in any one of them, and it is not limited with how it can spread. Here’s our top eight ways to repurpose your content!
- Articles or Blog Posts – Often the original content, it’s a no-brainer to post to your blog or site as a first resort, before spreading it around, to receive the best search engine benefits from it.
- Videos – Creating a very simple video, even just with PowerPoint slides, can take advantage of the traffic and ranking YouTube can offer.
- Podcasts – Uploading a podcast of your content to iTunes and the many podcast directories can often mean lots of downloads and traffic.
- Slideshows – Popular slide-sharing sites like Slideshare.net and Scribd.com have a ton of direct traffic and ranking love from Google.
- PDFs – Likewise there are numerous PDF directories where you can submit a PDF of your content.
- Infographics – One of the best ways to generate lots of views/visits is by making an infographic and posting it to Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook.
- Webinars or Hangouts – Using your content as the basis for a webinar or Google Hangout is a terrific way to accomplish many things at once!
- Make it Micro! – Seperating your content into micro-morsels for use in your social media marketing makes perfect sense, and can lead visitors to the entire content, or really wherever you want.
Don’t let your content rest in the state it was created for long! Make plans when you are planning the piece regarding ways you might repurpose it. You can dramatically increase the reach and influence your content has, and also the traffic!
Click here to schedule a free marketing huddle! We’ll create a marketing plan together that’s unique to you and your business and guaranteed to be worth your time or we’ll give YOU $250!