To a lot of people, the e-newsletter may seem like a relic of a bygone era, a period when we used painfully slow dial-up Internet services like AOL and “surfed” the web using Netscape. Despite being a little long in the tooth (in Internet years), the e-newsletter remains an extremely powerful marketing tool your business shouldn’t ignore. E-newsletters remain an excellent medium for engaging customers, building authority and driving sales. The Direct Marketing Association says that every $1 spent on email marketing creates $40 in revenue. Aweber informs us that 77 percent of small business owners report that email helps them increase revenue.
Not your grandmother’s e-newsletters anymore!
Don’t be buffaloed into thinking that your e-newsletter needs to be as bland and un-sexy as those you’ve made the mistake of opting in for. Here are some eye-catching examples of e-newsletters that rock! Also, ensuring that you’re not just selling, but engaging your readers with useful, interesting content. Kayak, for example, isn’t just about telling you about the latest travel deals, but instead getting you salivating on the thought of travel and fun. Additionally, they go out of the way to engage their readers.
Quick strategies for an engaging e-newsletter
Here are some tips for writing an E-newsletter that gets opened and acted upon!
- Talk as if you’re talking to a friend – Customers are affected by a friendly tone, and are far more likely to engage.
- You need to encourage communication – Be sure you give your readers every opportunity to respond and use specific calls to action to ask for it!
- Be specific! – Don’t stray from your topic, and above all, don’t be boring!
- Create extremely useful content – Provide fresh and different content that’s useful and is exactly what is resonating with your list. (Be sure you know this!)
- Don’t hesitate to use emotion – Writing with emotion is powerful and is very likely to stir others as well, promoting more engagement.
Don’t permit this golden opportunity to reach your list in a more substantial way slip by. Create an e-newsletter today!