Google is famous for coming up with new programs and then getting rid of them if they don’t work out. Anyone remember Google Wave, Google Buzz and now Google Reader? While many have predicted much the same fate for Google , an addition to this may just save the day. Google Hangouts is Google’s latest addition, and one that really has lots of usefulness. (Especially for marketers!)
Google Hangouts – The Short Version
The short version is that Google Hangouts are a fantastic way to connect with other people via a live video chat, one that can be recorded and used in various platforms and in many different ways. Joined at the hip to your Google account, a hangout is extremely easy to launch, and has a goldmine of attractive features for marketers. You can host a hangout with as many as ten other people, and many more can view live at your YouTube channel, Google page, or a web page. Google records the whole affair, and sends a YouTube URL to you after you’re done, that you can then easy use in your marketing in a number of ways.
How to make use of Google Hangouts in your marketing
Here are 10 effective ways to use Google Hangouts in your marketing.
- Webinars – Sick of expensive GoToWebinar fees? Now you have a no cost alternative!
- Conferences – Easy to setup teleconferencing makes a Hangout a no-brainer for sharing a conference experience.
- Meetings – Hold virtual meetings in an informal, yet immediate venue.
- Product Launches – An innovative way to create positive buzz on launch day. (Or before!)
- Interviews – Capture interviews with people on the fly with Google Hangouts!
- Product Demos – Show off your products in a Hangout.
- Virtual Press Conferences – Make your press releases go viral!
- Live Streaming Events – Many marketers are now using Google Hangouts as their own live TV station, broadcasting weekly shows.
- Q & A with Customers – Learn what your customers want and need easily. Great trust builder!
- Podcast from your Hangout – Making a Podcast to share through iTunes is very easy to accomplish.
Google Hangouts is a fantastic new tool to add to your marketing mix. Don’t miss your opportunity to connect with your customers in a meaningful way.