Who knew that Pinterest, that started out as yet another photo sharing site would quickly become not just one of the most popular sites on the Web, but would be a fantastic place for small and large business alike to market.
Not convinced? Well then have a look at 10 impressive reasons why you’ll want to consider using Pinterest in your marketing mix sooner rather than later!
10 Great reasons to use Pinterest for marketing
- Half of them are buyers! – Statistics show that more than 47 percent of online shoppers in the U.S. have bought at least partly from a recommendation on Pinterest.
- It’s a social media powerhouse – When it comes to e-commerce traffic, Pinterest receives a 41 percent share, while Facebook is second at 37 percent!
- You’ll make more money – The typical purchase by a customer that’s been referred off of Pinterest is $80, compared to $40 from Facebook.
- They don’t bounce – Pinterest users love to hang around for a while. For instance, they spend a whopping four and a half times more time on Pinterest than on LinkedIn.
- It’s popular – Pinterest’s popularity continues to grow quickly, making it now the 16th most visited site in the United States.
- Retailers love it! – A stunning 90 percent of US online specialty retailers employ Pinterest, which is an 81 percent increase from 2012.
- Pinterest users have disposable income – Pinterest users are doing well. On average a typical Pinterest user has an annual income of over $100,000 per year, and only 10 percent of them have an income less than $30,000.
- Ripe for rewards and deals – When moms were asked if they would like or follow a brand on Pinterest if rewards or deals were part of the deal, a good 50 percent said yes!
- Easily viral – It’s very common for a pin to go viral as more than 80 percent of Pins turn out to be Repins!
- A trusted source – Most importantly, a robust 81 percent of women online view Pinterest as a trustworthy source for information.
Click here to schedule a free marketing huddle! We’ll create a marketing plan together that’s unique to you and your business and guaranteed to be worth your time or we’ll give YOU $250!