Video is taking the online world by storm. In fact, Cisco Systems is predicting that by the year 2017 more than two-thirds of all web traffic will be video.
This is both bad and good for marketers, since on the one hand we understand that video helps conversions by a large degree, and can help you find a far wider audience by virtue of their viral and sharable nature.
On the other hand, when you are at a loss as to what type of videos to produce, or feel as though you don’t have anything to say, inaction follows and you miss out.
To help with that, we’ve put together 7 ways your business can use videos effectively.
7 Tips for Creating Videos for your Business
- Product Demo – Shooting a demo video for a new product or feature of an existing one is a great selling tool as well as customer care item. It may also serve as a good lead generation tool via YouTube.
- Rolling out New Products – If you are introducing a new product, this type of video can serve as a sales tool on your web page. This is an entirely different emphasis, as you are writing for sales.
- Product Tutorials – In-depth tutorials are a consumer’s delight, especially when your products are a challenge to some not technically oriented. These can also be used in lead generation through YouTube.
- Video Testimonials – A video testimonial from a few of your best customers can be gold when it comes to providing social proof for your business. Often all you need to do is ask, as well as give them a link back to their site.
- Tips and How to’s – Videos showing tips and advice on related aspects of your business can help you grow in authority and traffic.
- Interview Influencers – Getting an interview with an influencer or thought leader in your market can help you grow in stature in your audience’s eyes. It can also be of use to the interviewee, as they get exposed to a new audience as well.
- Webinar and Event Invites – Using a video to invite prospects to an upcoming webinar or live event is fantastic when delivered through a video. Don’t be afraid to be a little outrageous or innovative here!